Thursday, April 24, 2008

Parent Reading Day

Today, I am going to my son's school to read to his kindergarten class. I have chosen a book that is currently VERY popular at our house. The book is, I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont. It goes a little something like this:

One day my mama caught me paintin' pictures on the floor and the ceiling and the walls and the curtains and the door, and I heard my mama holler like I never did before..."YA AIN'T A-GONNA PAINT NO MORE!"

I ain't gonna paint no more, no more, I ain't gonna paint no more. That's what I say...but there ain't no way that I ain't gonna paint no more. So I take some red and I paint my...Head! Now I ain't gonna paint no more. Aw, What the heck! Gonna paint my...Neck! Now I ain't gonna paint no more. Still, I just can't rest till I paint my...CHEST! Now I ain't gonna paint no more.

And on and on....

GiGi at 10 months old

No comments: