Monday, May 5, 2008

To the Princess in my life...My Epiphany

I woke up one morning and had an epiphany. Our daily battles were more my fault than yours. I realize now that all I needed to do was embrace EVERYTHING you are. I won't try to change you, but let your strong voice be heard, because this is who you are, and I love all these things about you!

  1. I love that because of you there is NEVER a quiet moment in our house. You talk and talk and talk ALL THE TIME, and someone better be listening to you!
  2. I love your persistence. It means that one day you will accomplish great things.
  3. I love that in an instance, you can go from upset to laughing hysterically.
  4. I love that you demand marshmallows for breakfast.
  5. I love that you beg or throw a fit for a new pair of shoes every time we go to a store.
  6. I love that you will argue over the smallest things. It means you will always stand up for what you believe.
  7. I love that I often catch you playing in my make-up, and I love that you can put on lipstick like a pro.
  8. I love that you are so inquisitive.
  9. I love that you have so many facial expressions which tell me how you are feeling.
  10. I love that you roll your bottom lip when you are sad, and that you know Daddy falls for this every time!
I LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!

2 comments:

morewineplease said...

That look is priceless! I love your little handful too!

Lipstick said...

Found your blog thru More Wine Please... it is great. I love this post. I was hooked with the line, "our battles were more my fault than yours." After a crazy morning racing out the door for church, I decided there had to be a better way. You nailed it...embrace everything your child is. Thanks for the great insight.