Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I feel like a horrible Mommy

My son has been attending summer church camp three times a week this month. He has to take his lunch to camp which is a big challenge because he is a picky eater, and I try to pack something healthy for him. He likes for me to pack apple sauce or yogurt, so I have been trying to keep a supply of it at the house. The only problem is that I always forget that we need to purchase plastic spoons to send with him. I find myself searching the cabinets to find plastic spoons left over from baby showers that I have hosted....they just happen to be pink. I didn't think too much about it. Yesterday, we had run out of the pink spoons, so I packed a regular spoon from the drawer. I called him into the kitchen to tell him not to throw his spoon away, and that he better come home with it in his lunchbox. He instantly began to cheer and holler with excitement, so I asked why? He then told me that he had been made fun of for days for bringing a pink spoon in his lunch. Talk about feeling like a horrible parent! I just figured that if it bothered him that he would have told me. I guess I have learned my lesson. Poor Boy! I wonder if it bothers him to wear a pink shirt??? REAL MEN DO WEAR PINK. LOL!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a guy that is secure in my manhood, I admit that I also own and wear a pink shirt.

But a pink spoon? That's consider a felony where I'm from. You should be ashamed.

Just kidding.

Joe

Stacey said...

You are not a horrible mommy! For so long they were just babies and didn't care what color spoon they had. I wouldn't have thought anything about it either! At least he gets cool good snacks like that!

kjanedesigns said...

Too cute! Tempts me to buy a package of pink spoons for his birthday! hehe!

Anonymous said...

A dad would have known better!

Love ya honey!

Daddy

The Brown's said...

You are not a bad mommy! This is too funny! Chuck was telling me about it this morning. Men do wear pink...including Chuck. Our nephew used to always say his favorite color was pink and his mom would get so embarrased. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it either.

Anonymous said...

Pink spoon?! Come on Becky! Why don't you just send him with a hot pink lunchbox too? Poor little man.

Please don't listen to Joe either, he shouldn't be wearing a pink shirt either.

haha
Nick