Thursday, July 17, 2008

Concept of Time

My kids have both had difficulty with the concept of time. When GTO was younger, he didn't have problems with the past so much, but had trouble with things happening in the future. To him everything was counted in "how many sleeps until". I can remember saying to him "next week, we will do this, or tomorrow, we are going here. His reply would always be "how many sleeps is that?"

GiGi has had a hard time with articulating things in the past. For the last year, everything that happened previous to today, she would say was last weekend. "She would say last weekend Santa Clause came, or last weekend, we went on vacation." I guess, we started correcting her, so for the past month she has changed her "last weekend" saying into "LASTERNIGHT". It is a great word isn't it! We hear it often. "Lasternight, we went skiing. Lasternight, we ate there. Lasternight we saw that movie." It's these wonderful quirks that I hope to hold onto forever.

Photobucket


The pink OU hat is one of MY favorite hats. She picked it up last night and put it on which got me thinking about the countdown to football season. 44 more days until kick-off. August 30, OU VS. Chatanooga, 6:00 p.m. I know you appreciate that informative piece of information. :) BOOMER SOONER!

2 comments:

morewineplease said...

AH!! I am singing boomer sooner right now!

kjanedesigns said...

Glad I'm not the only one with Boomer Sooner on the brain. I just ordered an OU outfit yesterday for Miss Priss. (Football is all about fashion, right?)
Maybe we could all get together for a game this fall????