Monday, November 3, 2008

Career Day 2008

When GTO was three, he planned out his career path. He was going to be a dentist when he grew up (he would take over Dr. Pat's practice), and his girlfriend, Sumer, would work at the front desk (if his Grandma ever decides to retire from the dentist office). I thought it was funny that he had all this planned out at such a young age.

Last Friday was career day at school and the kids were supposed to dress up as their career choice. Since I work in the medical field, I thought I would bring home a surgical mask and maybe a pair of children's scrubs and GTO's life long dream of being a dentist would be played out. A couple of nights before, I talked to him about what I would bring home from work for him to wear on Friday. I was SHOCKED by his response...
He informed me that his career choice had changed and that he wanted to work at McDonald's, and wanted me to make him a McDonald's uniform to wear on Friday. WHAT!!!! I asked him why? He said "so I can eat there whenever I want." Maybe this is partly my fault. I HATE McDonald's and simply AVOID the place. GTO wants to eat there every meal. I guess I need to allow him to eat there more often so his career choice will become a little more ambitious. :)


Since I couldn't allow my boy to go to school dressed as a McDonald's employee, we compromised on a ROCK STAR.

3 comments:

morewineplease said...

AHHHH!!! Love it! I will have to show uncle Kenny, he will be so excited, and probably want to play with him!

Krouts Sprouts said...

hahahah!!! what a funny boy!!! i bet you about fell over when he said he wanted to work at THAT place! rock on little man...rock on!

Stacey said...

You crack me up Becky! I wouldn't have let him go as a MCboy either. Great compromise! He definitely has some of his daddy in him! Now go get that boy a Big Mac!