Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gingerbread Night 08

On Friday night, my in-laws hosted their annual Gingerbread night. Gingerbread night is when Grandma and Grandpa keep all their grandchildren overnight and decorate gingerbread houses and cookies. It is a tradition that started when the oldest grandchild was one. He is 11 now, and there are 6 more grandchildren down to age 3, and there will likely be more in the near future. I don't think Grandma and Grandpa were thinking ahead when they started this FUN tradition. LOL! All the kids love gingerbread night and look forward to it every year.
It has been a couple of years since we had photographs taken of all the cousins together. My sister-in-law and I tried our hardest to get pictures of all the kids together on Saturday when we picked the kids up. It was HARD to say the least...7 worn out kids having to smile and look at the camera...well, lets just say IMPOSSIBLE. GiGi would not cooperate at all. I got some cute shots of the older kids which I will post soon. The above picture is GTO with his two older cousins. I know the lighting is bad, but I LOVE the expression.

6 comments:

morewineplease said...

sweetest.picture.ever

Anonymous said...

The look on his face is PRICELESS!

Leslie

Brown Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Brown's said...

This is GREAT!!! I wish we could come spend some time with you all so badly. Maybe soon we can!

I love looking at your blog...Your kids are AWESOME! Keep blogging...It's always nice to see what you all are up to and makes me smile many days.

~Jenni Brown~

Krouts Sprouts said...

whatever that lighting is perfect! i LOVE gto's face!!! so cute!!! when i first heard of the "gingerbread night" 3 years ago i thought that was the sweetest thing ever!!! my mom has recently started "grandma camp" and it's pretty much the same thing, only she has 3 grandkids so much easier!! i love the traditions! can't wait to see all teh cute photos!!!

Anonymous said...

this picture is pricelss.......way too cute.

And Gingerbread night is a great idea...... toni