Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Today, Theodore Seuss Geisel would have turned 105. GTO's school is celebrating this week in remembrance of Dr. Seuss. One of their projects was to make a hat in honor of Dr. Seuss. We printed illustrations from all of our favorite books and made a collage hat. All of the student's hats will be on display at the school this week.

What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
In this house, we are big fans of Yertle the Turtle.
My little GTO turtle named Mac was quite sick today.


8 comments:

morewineplease said...

We must have been posting about Dr. Suess at the exact same time... scary!
Great job on that Hat!!! I love it.
Hope GTO is better tomorrow.
Drama Queen is passed out on the couch right now, with a fever.

Shannon said...

My favorite Dr.Suess book is Fox in Sox. It was always my favorite to read to my elementary students, they laugh so hard at the tongue twisting action!

Anonymous said...

Great Hat! I hope he is feeling much better!

Grandma

Anonymous said...

That hat is FANTASTIC!
This month my favorite DrS book is Green Eggs and Ham.
Susan

Stacey said...

Great hat GTO. We got snowed out of our Dr. Seuss celebration. Hopefully we will resume it when we get back to school.

Kristine said...

That is a fantastic hat! Now I want to make one. Green Eggs and Ham as been the running fav in our house for months now. They never seem to tire of it. Oddly, neither do I.

Coco said...

Our favorite right now is Hop on Pop! Bram thinks it is the greatest book on the planet right now.

That hat is awesome and should proudly be displayed in his room.

Anonymous said...

The hat is so creative, LOVE IT!
Right now, Horton Hears a Who is a hit in our house.
Lisa