Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tears of JOY

I have a cousin who is like a sister to me. We know almost everything there is to know about one another and talk to each other almost daily. Although most years of our lives, we have been separated by long distance, we have always been able to remain close. We have shared so much throughout the years, and I miss her and her family a lot. This week, I miss them even more, because I am missing out on a big event in their lives. When my cousin and I were young, we shared our desire to be able to adopt a baby/babies one day. It was a dream we both had. Well, I can happily say that dream is coming true for her, and for me as well, because I am gaining a new family member today. I am thrilled to have this beautiful girl in my life.


I remember calling my cousin the night their baby girl arrived at their home, and hearing the emotion in her voice. She said that from the first moment she looked at her, she knew it was meant to be. I received this picture via e-mail from my cousin that night. I took one look at this beautiful baby girl and instantly fell in love, and I KNEW MY COUSINS HAD TOO.



She has grown up a lot over the last couple of years, and I have loved seeing her during summer vacations, through e-mail pictures, and talking to her on the phone. This girl can talk your ear off. We might be in trouble when we get her and GiGi together next time. :)

This is probably my favorite picture of her! I look at it often.








This smile will light up a room, and I know there will be many smiles today, because.....


TODAY, IT BECOMES OFFICIAL. Just typing those words bring tears of joy to my eyes.


I wish I could be there to share this moment with you and to hug all of you. You have been blessed with four beautiful girls who I love dearly. I hope to see you soon!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh she is beautiful! I am glad this day has finally come for them.

Leslie

Anonymous said...

YEA for the family!!! She is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL girl!!!! WOW!!
Have a great day! Lisa

Krouts Sprouts said...

oh what a beautiful little lady!! i love her pretty smile and her pretty pretty eyes! what a cutie!
CONGRATS!!! i'm so happy for your family, what an amazing day and what an amazing thing that gets to happen! great people!!!
sending warm thoughts and hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

How blessed this little one is....not doubt if she is your cousin, she is as dear as you...God always brings those speical gifts to those who deserve them. Many blessings to you and your family........toni........(and yes Becky, you always bring tears to my eyes reading your blogs.. :O)

Kristine said...

She is beautiful. I love that hair and those big brown eyes! It's looks like your cousin's adoption process has taken as long as ours but none of that matters now that the end of the process has come. I'm so happy for you and your family!
I was thinking about you yesterday and was very much hoping to see this post today, it brings joy to my heart.

heather said...

That is such a wonderful story to share with us! Congratulations to your family! She is a beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Bec and to Laura and her family. Prayers of joy coming to you all, what a blessing for you all. Good thing no mascara on yet... Hugs to you
Trudy

The Brown's said...

Okay Becky...I HAVE to have this little girl. She is gorgeous. I was about in tears when I saw these pictures. Ohh she just grips my heart. I love children!!
I need to know where that Elmo dress came from because I need one for Ava for sure...and the hair bows. This baby's eyes are just unbelievable.

Jenn Brown

Anonymous said...

Ok,I held it together all day...until now. Thank you so much for your tribute to my baby girl. I wish you could have been here, too. We all love you so much and can't wait to see you!!

Laura

Shannon said...

Oh what a blessing! And what a beautiful girl!

kjanedesigns said...

what a gorgeous little girl! and I believe I eyed an Amazing Gracie in there??? :)
congrats to your family!

morewineplease said...

Congrats Laura!! She is truly an amazing beauty, and she looks like she has a big heart full of love, I am sure due to you and the love your family brings her! You are all bless... now I am crying!
Sweet post bec!!

Becky said...

What an absolute blessing for your cousin. Tell her I said congratulations!!!

Our Crazy life said...

Ok, she is quite possibly the Prettiest baby I have ever seen!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! How lucky she is to have found such a loving family!!!

Coco said...

My GOD she is a breathtaking child! Love that hair, just precious.

What a great post, and I am so happy for the family.