Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Corbin - 6 years old

I am a little behind on blogging my client sessions, so I will be posting several over the next few days. I love when I get contacted to photograph a child for his/her birthday pictures. Every child should have a few professional shots taken at each birthday to document each year. I have one 8 x 10 photo of each of my kids' birthday pictures hanging in our hallway. I leave them up all year and keep the previous years' picture in the frame so that when we take new photos to display, the kids can see how they have changed each year.

I met Corbin for the first time a couple of weeks ago. He was such a good model, and I think he actually liked posing for my camera. He has the cutest grin!

A little photography lesson....

Bokeh (derived from Japanese, a noun boke 暈け, meaning "blur" or "haze") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of point of light sources in an out-of-focus area of an image produced by a camera lens using a shallow depth of field.[1] Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject.

If you follow my blog, you know that I LOVE Bokeh, especially in the images above and below. (Captured with a 50mm lens at f/1.2)

I also love that coy grin, and the fact that Corbin is not looking directly at the camera.
I love when moms bring a change of clothes. It helps to change up the setting even though we are in the same location. He looks very good in orange.
You also know if you read my blog, that I have an orange and black rule. The rule being that I will NOT post orange and black affiliated with that one school that is 45 minutes northeast of me. LOL! Corbin's mom told me that he is getting a makeover for his bedroom. It will be a sports themed room focused around one certain team. Did I mention that the Cincinnati Bengals are also orange and black??? Corbin must be a HUGE fan.

Em - I hope you liked all your pictures. I think you have a model on your hands.

5 comments:

Krouts Sprouts said...

great photos of course missy! i LOVE that you use Bokeh! i didn't know the term for it till now (so thanks for the education lesson :)) it looks so great! you are so creative, can't wait for you to take our photos! and just what school could you be talking about...hummm could it be the school i WORK FOR?? :)don't worry, i just work there, i dont sport the orange/black unless it's a friday so i can get away with jeans!

Coco said...

Great job. Love them.
Like you, I have one 8x10 of my kids that hang in our bedroom. Professionally done. Hopefully one day by you!

AND I hang an 8x10 in Bram's room from his bday party, that kind of shows the "theme." They are replaced yearly and put away in an album. It hangs next to the invitation from his party. I thought that was a pretty cute idea.

AND I need to know where to get a swimsuit for Tess like Gigi's? I am assuming it is a Kate Mack?

Coco said...

courtbowen@yahoo.com

Thanks! You will see Tess wearing it shortly.

Anonymous said...

All of your pictures are great but these are really good. I sure don't know anything about photography!

Leslie

Our Crazy life said...

Okay, i am just wondering how you can possibly choose one 8x10 per year? I have multiple pics of my 4 everywhere and they change every month at least because I fall in love with one put it up and then the next week find I love the next new photo more and take the old one down, then the old one gets scrapbooked. So how do you narrow it down when you take sooo many pictures of your kids??