Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Aunt GiGi

I am happy to report that GiGi woke up in a better mood today and that she was back to her lovely, beautiful self. Thankfully, the bad days are getting few and far between, and I haven't seen any gray hair pop up on my head yet so I think we are going to get through the worst of it.

We did have a cute conversation last night at bedtime. It went like this:

GiGi: Mommy, how many Aunts do I have?

(We counted them.)

GiGi: Well, when will I get to be an Aunt?

Me: You will become an Aunt when Bubba grows up and has kids of his own. Bubba's kids will call you Aunt GiGi.

GiGi: But when I have kids, they won't call me Aunt, will they?

Me: No, they will call you Mommy.

GiGi: AND I WILL BE ABLE TO CUT MY HAIR WHENEVER I WANT!!!

I wish I always understood her thought process. :)

1 comment:

Krouts Sprouts said...

awwww so cute! don't you love how their minds work! On the way home last night booderbean told me he thought we needed a new car, when i asked him why he said--because this one is old. it's only 2 years old! kids say the funniest things!