Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Turkey Tuesday

GiGi came home from Kindergarten last week with a paper turkey to decorate for homework. The directions gave examples to cover your turkey with beads, macaroni, leaves, feathers, colored paper...etc. I remember GTO doing the same school project...I believe he used red beans and feathers. I set out to find some decorations at the craft store. I found these great Styrofoam beads in a beautiful fall color that I thought would be perfect along with some turkey feathers for the tail. I brought the supplies home and was hoping this was going to be a simple project for GiGi and I to complete, but I soon found out...





GiGi has distinct ideas of her own!
I should have known better than to think that Princess GiGi would settle for anything less than a PRINCESS TURKEY complete with a red, ruffled tutu. What was I thinking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work, GiGi. That is the best princess turkey I have ever seen. There may be some envious little girls in the kindergarten class.
Jojo

I heart said...

Haha I love it!
Kiki wanted a cowgirl turkey. We made a denim skirt & vest and a cute bandana.

Becky said...

Gigi has great taste in turkeys!

Angela said...

That is very creative!!! Way to think outside the box Gigi.

Susan said...

LOL....way outside the box!

Lana said...

Oh, I wish I had read this earlier! Audrey had to decorate a turkey too and I had the worst time coming up with ideas for it. Gigi's is just adorable!