Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby Doll - Oklahoma City Newborn Photographer

As a child, I didn't play with Barbies. I actually don't think that I even owned a Barbie. I didn't make colorful designs on a Lite Brite, and I didn't prepare delicious cakes or muffins in my Easy Bake oven. I certainly didn't waste my time playing with Strawberry Shortcake figurines, or collecting Care Bears. We didn't have many games on floppy disc to play on our Apple 2e computer, and our Speak and Spell letters would always get stuck. I DID however have lots of baby dolls to cherish. My mother would purchase a baby doll for me each Christmas, and each one was given to me with fancy hand sewn dresses and matching accessories, like diaper bags, bibs, and blankies that were made with the cutest coordinating fabrics. Of course not just any baby doll would suit me. I HAD to have baby dolls that looked and felt like real babies. I would dress them in different outfits a few times a day, change their diapers, feed them with pretend bottles, and tuck them into their little wooden beds at night.


Not much has changed over the years. I am still playing dress up, and tucking sweet babies into their little wooden beds. It's like being a kid all over again...how lucky I am!



9 comments:

Lana said...

Omg, that has to be the sweetest, most adorable baby ever!

Kristine said...

Oh how I wish you would be doing my newborn photos! If I'm ever within two states of you we are so coming over!!

Anonymous said...

I love these! Mel

5 dudes, a diva and total chaos said...

Hmm, sounds a lot like me as a child!! I had to have "real" dolls too and real diapers etc. My favorite gist as a child was real diapers for my babies! And guess what I still LOVE babies too!! Super cute pics!

I heart said...

Awww, love these!!!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely precious shots, Bopp!
-lee-

kjanedesigns said...

Love love love!!!

kjanedesigns said...

Love love love!!!

Brittany said...

seriously looks like a doll.