Friday, November 14, 2008

Long and Straight

To all the mommies out there who do NOT put bows in their little girl's hair...SHAME ON YOU! You have influenced my GiGi to want to wear clippies with her hair long and straight. It is a discussion we have every morning. While I can still manage to talk her into bows on occasion, I know the end is coming. Making decisions for herself regarding her attire has become a priority of hers lately, and I guess I need to accept it. After all, this sweet girl will be turning FOUR in two short months. (sigh) Just typing the word FOUR brings tears to my eyes. Does anyone have a sweet baby girl that I can borrow to dress up??? Lots of hair is a prerequisite.
As long as GiGi doesn't start demanding that we buy tennis shoes, I think I will be able to cope. She did wear jeans to school today, but I can still count on one hand how many times she has worn jeans, and she did still look cute even without a hairbow.

4 comments:

morewineplease said...

Dont say she is growing up!! I wont listen to it!! I want them to stay little and somewhat sweet and innocent!!
The Diva only ask for her hair down occasionally... she still thinks her bows are just a part of her.

Kristine said...

Sorry, but if I had a little girl I would be the one you're talking about. I just don't know how to do the girly stuff. Lucky for all of us I have boys.
If I have a girl you can pretty much bet she will want the bows, dresses, curls and all the other stuff I don't understand.

Anonymous said...

Oh but GiGi knows that Grandma has tennis shoes for her to wear! That is the first thing she does when she gets here! Off with her cute boots or shoes and on with the tennis shoes that Drama Queen has out grown!

Grandma K

kjanedesigns said...

I've got a baby you can borry to play dress up with! She's gotten into the habit of taking out her bow, bringing it to me and saying "Bow!" Then she tilts her head and expect me to put it back in for her! So cute! And talk about what a beautiful dress GiGi is wearing!! LOVE IT!