Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Look Back at 2008

It's hard to believe that in a few short hours, we will be celebrating in 2009. What a year 2008 has been. For Christmas, my mom made me a DVD of my blog. She put about 70% of my pictures to music and created a little movie. It really put into perspective what a great year we had. We had so many memorable moments. When I started this blog a year ago, I didn't know what to expect from it. I didn't know if it was something that I would keep up, but after seeing it on DVD, I am so thankful that I started blogging. I am not one of those talented, crafty moms who scrapbooks and chronicles everything in keepsake albums. I do take a lot of pictures, but hardly ever print them. This blog has become my scrapbook of our family and I am so happy that I have something to look back on an incredible 2008.

It has been a year of many firsts and many memorable moments:
  • We started the 2008 by seeing GiGi in People magazine.
  • GiGi perfomed in her first dance recital.
  • We took our first family vacation.
  • GiGi showed us how well she could water ski.
  • GTO learned to ride a bike.
  • GTO lost his first tooth.
  • GTO started first grade.
  • GTO started piano lessons.
  • GTO ran his first cross country track meet.
  • Hubby and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary.

I can't wait to see what 2009 will bring, but I hope we will be as blessed as we were this year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift!
Happy New Year to you & your family!
Lisa & Sadie

morewineplease said...

Lots of accomplishments in 08!

Yellow Beads said...

I hope 2009 is just as good for you!! :)) What a great gift.

Krouts Sprouts said...

what a fabulous gift!!! what a great mom!