Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

I am not one who makes New Year's resolutions. Only 5% of people succeed with their resolutions, and I don't intend to set myself up for failure at the start of a new year. However, I have set a couple of goals for myself to try to attain this year. One of which is to learn more about photography and hopefully improve, but also to start sharing my passion with my kids, even if it means sharing my camera. A while back, GiGi asked me why I take so many pictures. (Hhmmm, I wonder why she thinks that???) Instead of trying to explain it, we borrowed Hubby's truck one evening, ventured out into the country, pulled over on the side of a road, and watched the sunset while standing in the back of the black Chevy. Her reaction, "Mommy, MOMMY! look, look, LOOK!, the sun is making colors and is going down." I then knelt down placing my camera strap around GiGi's neck and told her to start snapping. She was so proud of herself, but even prouder when she saw this on the computer...


I think she is one step closer to understanding now.

8 comments:

Krouts Sprouts said...

oh my gosh girl,that is so sweet, brought me to tears!
what a sweet family! i'm glad to see you passing on your fabulous skils!
GREAT post!

kjanedesigns said...

Oh I love this story! It's so heartwarming to hear of you and Gigi sharing such a special moment! I just love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is awesome! And I'm sure it makes you so proud as a parent that she can enjoy it, too.

Joe

Becky said...

We give our kids so much of ourselves throughout their lives, but when we can pass our passion on to them, it is truly special.

Anonymous said...

That is so precious! Great picture GiGi! It really is!

Grandma

Stacey said...

You are such a GREAT MOMMY! How sweet! Love it!

Angela said...

What an amazing way to teach your children your passion. Gigi did a beautiful job capturing the sunlight!!!

Kristine said...

What a great day and a very special way to explain why you love photography so much. Makes me want to grab my camera as well:-)