Thursday, August 28, 2008

I MISS YOU TOO

On the way to taking GTO to school this morning, he was telling me about a little girl that is a new friend. I asked him if the little girl goes to the after school program with him. He replied, "No, she says her Mommy would miss her too much if she went." As my stomach dropped and my heart began to ache, I realized I had to explain to him that I MISS him all day to, but some Mommy's work. I told him how much I miss him when I am away no matter where I am, and I told him that I would try to pick him up early on Friday. That seemed to make him happy, but I still felt the guilt. During the sad conversation, I must not have been paying attention to driving...
Photobucket

I looked up in the mirror and saw this...lights flashing and all! UH OH! I had just pulled into the school zone and knew that I wasn't speeding. I asked the officer what the problem was, and he stated that I turned left on a red light. I seriously can't believe I did this...apprarantly, I can't drive while on a guilt trip. I waited for the officer to return while explaining to GTO what was going on.

Photobucket

The officer returned and said, Ma'am, you have a perfect driving record, so I am going to give you a warning, and by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Yes, he really said that! How nice!

P.S. DAD/Papa - If you are reading...Yes, perfect driving record...that is what the officer said! Unbelieveable, Right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You KNOW Greyson is going to talk about this ALL night! You'll never hear the end of it!

Love ya!
Hubby

Krouts Sprouts said...

haha..ur hubby is so right! that's classic! way to go on no ticket!
oh honey my heart aches each and every morning when i take booderbean to school (day care). i hate that i have to be a full time working mom. i think i am a better mom for working but i hate it still the same. but our children know we love them!

kjanedesigns said...

This is hillarious! And what makes it even more funny is H.O.T.Y. just called me PISSED because he got pulled over and TICKETED for not wearing a seatbelt. Some people have all the luck! :)

Anonymous said...

You will have these guilt feelings even when your kids are in their 30"s!!! Sorry! You are a great Mom.

Love, MIL

Wendy Baubach said...

ohmigosh...that is great....I know totally how you feel...I have 3 kids and I feel guilty eveytime I goto work....always have...and they are all school age....I am lucky I have a flexible boss though and am able to be at their school functions ...I know it hurts though

Anonymous said...

They say a good writer should be able to make his readers cry and then make them laugh.
Good job, Shortcake.

morewineplease said...

LLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUCCCKYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Beautiful pic of little man!