Monday, October 19, 2009

Clothing Options for Photo Sessions

I get asked several times per week what to wear for photo sessions/family pictures. Now that the cooler weather has swept in, it is a fun time to layer your outfits. Layering always looks great in photographs and gives you the option of adding more fun color to your clothing choices. Always remember to accessorize with hats, scarves, shoes, and jewelry for added color contrasts. Don't get too matchy-matchy with coordinating family outfits. Bright, bold colors mixed in with a few neutrals work well together. And last but not least, just because you are using these pictures as your Christmas card doesn't mean everyone has to dress in a shade of red and green. I have seen many Christmas card templates that are NOT red and green that are beautiful. I have included some clothing options below for the entire family.

Dad Options


Mom Options




Girl Options

Boy Options


And if you like a more traditional Christmas picture look....

6 comments:

kjanedesigns said...

oooh, I love the bottom one! Can I borrow GTO so we can use all four outfits!? :)

kami said...

great picks on the clothing! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a great post!
Lisa

Krouts Sprouts said...

funny i was going to type the same thing Kendra did!!! the bottom is my fav! i need that sweater for our pics after baby..you gotta share where you found it!

Stacey said...

great choices! I need you to come dress me and my family!

Yellow Beads said...

oh man, you rock! great outfits.